books

Review: Face Paint The Story of Makeup

7:52 PM

   Review: Face Paint The Story of Makeup 



Rating: 4.5/5 Stars


Synopsis

Lisa Elridge spent many years gathering information and intel on the custom, history and marketing of makeup throughout the years as well as shinning a light on the creators of the brands we all know and love today. She goes into depths on the evolution of makeup and how it spiraled into the way makeup has formed presently. This book explores the reasons we use makeup, history's biggest beauty icons, and what we can expect to see in the future.


 Review
 by Emily

I loved and enjoyed this book so much. I appreciated how this wasn't another beauty "how to" book. It really goes into depth on how makeup has (literally) transformed the lives of our ancestors to now. As a lover of makeup myself i developed a great appreciation towards the products in my cosmetic bag as well as fall more in love with the art of it all. I learned so many new and exciting details from this book.
As much as I loved this book I felt that the ending was a bit rushed. I was expecting to read a bit more about the cosmetic industry on how it is now since it's at an all time high! 
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with the love of history and makeup! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments