Hair

How Often Do You Really Need A Haircut?

8:00 AM



      First things first, you don't really need to cut your hair every 6 weeks! I know, shocker! As a hairstylist myself my go to answer to anyone when they used to ask when the next time they should come in for a trim would be every 6-8 weeks. Through ALOT of haircutting classes and research I gradually found that this is not always the right answer at all! Everyone has different hair... Texture, curl pattern, cut etc. Because of different types of hair that means hairdressers answers of "6 to 8 weeks" is NOT the answer!So with that being said, hair type/ Color/ Cut/ How much you style all play an important role in how often you should visit your stylist for a hair cut/trim! This is the chart I usually go by for when I let my clients know when to come back to me!


•Virgin Hair-12 Weeks

•Long hair that's wavy or straight- 8-12 Weeks

•Fine or Medium Curls- 8-12 Weeks

•Long Layers- 6-8 Weeks 

•Lots of Different Layers-6 Weeks
•Bob or Lob-6 Weeks
•Fine hair that's wavy or straight- 4-6 Weeks
•Short Hair- 4 Weeks
•Damaged Hair- 4 Weeks

•Bob or Lob-6 Weeks


•Bangs- 2 Weeks             








You Might Also Like

0 comments